QUEST COMPETITIVE CLIMBING
Quest Competitive Climbing Club is a program for advanced climbers at Quest University Canada that are interested in reaching their full potential as competitive rock climbers.
This program focuses on a “learn to train & train to learn” long-term athlete development model.
Training will include technical, physical, and mental skill development. Curriculum for this program is developed in collaboration with Ground up, our local Climbing Center, and Jean-Francois Plouffe, Quest’s Athletic Director. Members of the program will also learn about injury prevention & effective developmental progression.
- Must be a full-time student at Quest University Canada.
- Must attend all training sessions at Ground Up.
- Participants should compete in a minimum of 9 competitions on the circuit.
- Complete at least 8 hours (minimum) of volunteer community work with the Squamish Climbing Association.
- Participants will provide photos on a monthly basis for Quest social media.
- Try outs and interviews will be held early September 2017.
- Membership is by invitation or AD approval.
- 2 coach-supervised sessions per week for 6 months.
- 1st month: includes a training session with a personal trainer.
- Fitness session with Quest Athletic Director.
- Monthly check-in with physio and dietitian: free, unless 1-on-1 support is needed.
- Membership at Ground Up.
- Training at Quest Kermodes Gym and weight training center.
- Quest will provide transportation to most events.
- Quest will pay for competitions.